This is about as easy as it gets. You basically cook pasta and add cheese. You could choose to add some more flavor — a pinch of nutmeg, or some lemon or orange zest, for example. Herbs like basil or thyme would be nice too. Crushed red pepper flakes? Pistachios? Toasted pine nuts?
But quality ricotta, with just some parmesan cheese and salt and pepper, is lovely too. I used ricotta made from sheep’s milk in our pasta last night and kept it simple.
Pasta with ricotta
- 7 ounces (200 grams) ricotta
- Salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 250 grams of pasta – I used penne
- Cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, add the ricotta and a handful of grated parmesan cheese to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before the pasta is done cooking, add some of the pasta water to the ricotta and mix to make a sauce.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Plate and top with more grated cheese and black pepper and serve.